How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Pre Exam How to Crack IBPS Clerk Exam How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Pre Pre 2017 exam What topics to prepare for IBPS Clerical Exam IBPS Clerk exam process Study Plan for IBPS Clerk CWE-VII Study Tips for IBPS Exam 2017 Important Tips Topics
How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Pre Exam
What is IBPS Clerk CWE:- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is fully responsible for conducting CWE Clerk-VII Common Written Exam (CWE). IBPS every year organizes this online exam for recruitment in Clerical Cadre. Candidates who have completed their graduation can give this exam.
This is the most awaited exam for Banking Sector every year. IBPS Clerk exam is treated as second highly rated exam of Banking Sector after PO/ MT exam. In the recent years level of competition in Banking Sector is interestingly increased. So focused & planned preparation for exam become very necessary for Selection.
In this article we are going to discuss how/ what to prepare to crack IBPS Clerk exam, what topics to focus more, which topics should given less time.
Exam Process: IBPS Clerk selection process is very simple. First you have to give Pre Exam then Mains Exam. Final Selection will be based on Marks of Mains Exam. Candidates have to given online exam only once for selection in various Banks. Candidates have to attain minimum cut off marks in each section & overall decided by IBPS for Provisional Allotment. Candidates have to do up to mark & goal oriented preparation for this exam.
Common Written Exam: IBPS Clerk Pre Exam is of 100 Marks while Mains Exam is of 200 Marks & Total Time Duration for this exam is for Pre Part is 1 Hour & for Mains Exam is 2 Hour 40 Minutes. IBPS has changed the Exam Pattern of Clerk Post from Year 2017. Sectional Time Limit is introduced in This Year’s Clerk CWE VII Exam.
- In Pre Part, there will be only three sections. Namely Reasoning (35 Marks), Numerical Ability (35 Marks) & English (30 Marks).
- Marks Distribution for each topic for Main Exam is as follows:- (i) Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude (50 Question, 45 Minutes) (ii) General English (40 Question, 35 Minutes) (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (50 Question, 45 Minutes) (iv) General Awareness (50 Question, 35 Minutes). It should be noted that Every Question will be of 1 Mark.
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of IBPS Clerk CWE VII.
IBPS Clerk Reasoning Tips: Reasoning part is very important aspect of this exam. This part is useful because of the pattern of questions ask in this exam.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Most of questions in this sections are comprehensive type reasoning or we can say Puzzles. A paragraph is given to puzzled you & 4 to 5 questions asked related to that paragraph.
- First do all simple Questions like coding decoding, inequality, syllogism etc then go for Puzzles.
- So This part is very useful, by solving Puzzles you can answer 5/ 6 questions within no time. so candidates needs to practice more questions of Comprehension type reasoning or Puzzled. This part take less time if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration.
- There is drawback of Puzzles if you solve puzzle wrong, your all answers will be wrong. so candidates solve passage with Intelligence & Concentration.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section. So IBPS Aspirants ! Make Reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack upcoming IBPS clerk exam.
Topics to focus : Seating Arrangements, Input-Output, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Inequalities, Puzzles (Floor Based, Row & Order Based), Data Sufficiency, Decision Making.
IBPS Clerk English Tips: Another important & scoring part of IBPS exam is General English. Candidate can score if they make proper time management.
- In this section candidates needs to focus more on selected topics like Errors, Fillers, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- Comprehension in this exam is very lengthy. so candidates have to manage time to read whole passage & answer to the Questions.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this less scoring. But this part is easy to score & less time taking if proper preparation time is given to English.
- Candidates are advised to don’t leave English part less prepared as it is very useful in scoring marks in written exam.
Topics to focus : Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Improvement, Parajumbles, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
IBPS Clerk Quant/ Maths Tips: Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score high in this exam.
- Candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness as this part takes more time to solve the problems.
- Questions in this section will be less tough compared to IBPS PO exam.
- Calculation is questions are time taking, so candidates have to manage time for solving questions.
- Don’t take much time on one question. Solve question according to their merit.
- Focus on all question related to Data Interpretation, Number Series & Simplification.
- Candidates can make strategy about how many no. of questions to be solve in Aptitude part with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 40 Questions in given time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
Topics to focus : Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Number Series, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Data Sufficiency, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart, Radar Chart, Table Chart, Missing Data Interpretation.
IBPS Clerk General Awareness Tips: Now a days General Awareness is Key part to score in the exam. Candidates who are upto date about facts & news of everyday aspects score more marks in this section.
- In IBPS exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs.Focus mainly on current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Some questions are related to Banking & Marketing.
- Candidates are advised to sharpen their axe on daily current affairs by reading newspaper, magazines related to current affairs.
- Candidates can answer only those questions on which they are fully confident because their is negative marking. Wrong answer lessen your chances for selection.
Important Topics are :
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations are some related topics
IBPS Clerk Computer Tips: In IBPS exams there is additional part of questions related to Computer Knowledge compare to SSC exam. In this section Many questions are asked from Computer Knowledge.
- In this section question are asked from topics related to Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology.
- Candidates can easily score in this sections because syllabus is not so vast. Questions ask on operations which a persons generally done on computers.
- This part is less time taking also so it can help in solving more no. of questions in Reasoning & Aptitude.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR IBPS CLERK MAINS EXAM
- Don’t Bother about Cut Off, Focus on Accuracy, Speed.
- If any Section out of 4 Section is week then Do only those Question in which you are fully confident.
- Try to get More Marks from the Sections which are your Strength.
- Give Equal Time for Each Section according to Your Strategy.
- It is better to complete exam in two Phases. In first phase, Do all those Questions which are less time Taking. If you have done these Questions in Less time then It will be huge bonus to you.
- It is better to solve Puzzles in Last, if Time Permits.
- Give Exam with Full Confidence as You are Preparing Hard for this. Give your 100% in Exam.
Tips to Crack IBPS Clerk Exam: Candidates need to follow following Tips to crack IBPS Clerk exam:
- As the Level of IBPS Clerk is high compared to other bank’s exam so candidates needs to work very hard at regular basis.
- Focus on your Goal, Regular Reading of Syllabus topics, News papers & Selection Oriented preparation only helps you to crack this exam.
- Study Topic wise. Take one topic at one time & practice more questions on that topic to make it your strength in exam.
- Candidates needs to be upto date about Current Affairs.
- After Reading all syllabus. Take yourself time to revise important topics related to exam. In Revision process focus more on the Topic which are your weakness. Pay less attention to Topic you well prepared.
- Mock Tests:- After you complete syllabus, give Mock Tests with Honesty & time duration of 2 Hour. It helps you to guide towards your weak points. In last five days focus on your weak points.
- If possible try to give online mock test, it take you proper feel of exam & you can Manage your time for solve the questions.
- Only High Scoring Marks takes you to your final Goal. so give exam taken this point to count.
- In the Examination Hall make strategy according to your preparation. Take that section which is your strength & less time taking. Pay attention towards time during solving questions.
Aspirants! Stay calmed & focused on your ultimate goal. You are born to win. No exam is tough until you decided to crack this full dedication & Hard Work. Stay focus on your study plan. Make full hearted attempt towards cracking the nut of IBPS Clerk 2017. Give your 100% in the exam. Surely You will get your ultimate goal.
“All the Best For IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam”
Leave a Reply